Pittsburgh Go Association Casual Ladder
Last Updated: 3 February 2015 19:49
- Kevin (KGS 14k)
- Andrew (IGS 9k)
---below: please play with a currently ranked player---
- Ford (IGS 14k)
- Players of any rank and experience level are welcome to join the ladder by submitting a join request.
- New players start in the provisional pool, and must challenge someone with a current rank to enter the ladder.
- Any player may challenge any higher-ranked player for a game. (Note: Since we're currently seeding the ladder, all challenges are valid until the provisional list is cleared.)
- Challenges may be declined due to time restraints, but chronically dodging challenges may be seen as unsportsmanlike.
- Only games that start and end during a club meeting count as a ladder game.
- Any type of game (varied sizes, handicaps, novelty-style, etc.) is valid so long as both players agree to count it as a ladder game. Players should agree on counting, undo, handicap, and other rules prior to starting the game.
- Ko-fight rule: Two players who have just completed a ladder game may not have a consecutive game; at least one player must complete a ladder game with a different opponent before having a rematch.
- This is a casual ladder, so please keep games friendly and fun. Spectating is encouraged, but kibitzing is forbidden.
- The winner of the game should fill out this form as soon as possible to report game results.
- If a lower ranked player beats a higher ranked player, the winner takes the loser's rank, and everyone else gets shifted down.
- If a higher ranked player beats a lower ranked player, the standings do not change.
- Please attempt to resolve any in-game disputes yourselves, or with the advice of other club members present. If both players cannot agree on a conclusion, that game is nullified.
- Players may withdraw from the ladder at any time by emailing the ladder coordinator.
- Withdrawn players may rejoin at any time, but return to provisional status regardless of length of absence.
- Players that have not reported a match in a long time may be marked as idle at the discretion of the coordinator.
- Idle players retain their rank, and will have their idle status cleared on their next completed game.
- Players may request to be marked as idle in the event of an expected hiatus.
This ladder is run by Vincent (hvincent [at] modgethanc [dot] com). Please email me with any questions, comments, suggestions, requests, disputes, etc. I am unlikely to be present for every match, and intend for this ladder to run mostly autonomously.
Go Club Homepage